When you’re a mother, you barely have time for yourself.
You have children to take care of, a husband to attend to, and a house that you must keep organized and tidy. It’s like carrying your own little world on your shoulders.
If you’re this busy, no wonder you don’t have the time for a beauty routine.
You’d rather tend to your family than tend to yourself. You’re a selfless mother who prioritizes the needs of your loved ones more than your own needs.
But you know what?
It’s Mother’s Day! You deserve a break and some self-pampering to revitalize your beauty.
For this special day, we have tips to make your beauty routine as a hustling mom easier and more possible.
Finding Time For Yourself: Ways For Squeezing In A Beauty Routine
When you become a mom, you don’t seem to have time for anything. Between getting the kids ready for school in the morning, running errands, doing housework, making dinner, and trying to fit in a little bit of time for yourself, it feels like your beauty routine has taken a backseat.
It can be a challenge for mothers to find time for a beauty routine, but it is not impossible.
There are some things you can do to still look lovely, even when you’re short on time because of mommy duties. You can keep your beauty routine simple with these few steps:
- Wake up a bit earlier, perhaps an hour or two ahead in the morning, and use that extra time to do some basic grooming tasks such as washing your face, brushing your teeth, combing your hair, putting on makeup, and other self-care essentials. You can even perform exercises or meditation, which will help you feel more relaxed throughout the day.
- If you have young children, try to schedule appointments such as haircuts or massages during their nap times. This will free up some evening hours for you to do more things that you enjoy.
- Make use of weekends and other days when your children are at school or with a babysitter. This is an ideal time to get a manicure and pedicure or go for a long walk outdoors without having to worry about keeping an eye on your little ones.
- Use multitasking products that can save you time. For example, a BB cream can act as a foundation, moisturizer, and sunscreen all in one.
- Choose products that are easy to use and don't require a lot of fuss. Take advantage of shortcuts like using dry shampoo on days when you don't have time to shower.
- Set aside a specific time every day or on a few days each week to focus on your beauty routine. You can go to a spa for a massage or a salon for beauty services. If you don’t want to leave the house, you can just give yourself a pampering bubble bath or at-home skin treatments.
- Delegate tasks to other family members like your partner or older children. You can ask them to do some of the household chores or look after the little kids for a certain amount of time.
For your daily beauty routine, we suggest using products that would give you long-term effects so you would get noticeable changes with less hassle.
You can even try Shower Steamers to give you soothing aromatherapy whenever you want to take a relaxing bath after taking care of your family.
Makeup Tips: How To Glam Up In Less Time
When it comes to makeup, most women are looking for ways to enhance their natural features, but what about mothers?
With all of the responsibilities they juggle on a daily basis, it’s hard enough to find time for themselves, never mind time for a beauty routine.
As a mom, it's important to feel confident in yourself. One way to boost your confidence is with makeup. Here are some tips for applying makeup when you're a mom:
- Choose products that are easy to apply. There's no need to use a complex routine when you're short on time. Stick with products that can be applied quickly and easily.
- Choose natural-looking products. You don't want your makeup to look too heavy or artificial. Choose products that enhance your natural features.
- Use neutral colors. Neutral colors are the best choice for everyday wear. They're versatile and flattering on all skin tones.
- Keep it simple. When in doubt, keep your makeup routine simple. Too much makeup can end up looking like too much work.
- Start with a clean face. This is the most important step! Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and rinse well
- Apply a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. This will give you some coverage and also hydrate your skin.
- Choose a foundation that matches your complexion. One with light or medium coverage is best for moms, especially if you're wearing it all day long. A good foundation will even out your skin tone and hide any blemishes.
- Use blush to add color to your cheeks. Blush adds a natural-looking glow and makes you look refreshed.
- Use a light eyeshadow primer to help your eyeshadow stay in place all day.
- Line your lips with a lip liner and then fill them in with lipstick or lip gloss. This will help your lips stay hydrated and keep their shape longer.
If you want to save time, you can also use products that would give natural results and don’t take long to apply.
We suggest using our Eyelash Growth Serum and Eyebrow Growth Serum. These would give you longer and thicker lashes and brows in a few weeks so you wouldn’t always need to pick up a mascara and eyebrow pencils.
Shaving and plucking your eyebrows are also time-consuming, so you can use a trusted Rechargeable 2-in-1 Eyebrow Trimmer & Face Shaver for well-shaped, on-fleek brows.
Skincare Tips: Keeping Your Skin Fresh and Youthful
As a mother, you have a lot on your plate. Motherhood can be a joyous and hectic time all at the same time.
Along with the new responsibilities of taking care of a child, many mothers find that their skincare routine needs an adjustment. However, taking care of your skin is important — not just for your appearance, but for your health too.
Here are some tips for creating a skincare regimen that will work best for moms:
- Keep it simple. The last thing mom needs is another complicated skincare routine. Stick to basics like cleansing, moisturizing and using sunscreen.
- Choose products that are gentle and effective. Look for skincare products that are free of harsh chemicals and fragrances. Ones that contain natural ingredients are best.
- Make sure to cleanse your skin twice a day. In the morning, use a gentle cleanser to remove any traces of makeup or sunscreen. At night, use a more thorough cleanser to remove all the dirt and grime from the day.
- Use a moisturizer every day, even if you have oily skin. A good moisturizer will help keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
- Exfoliate 2-3 times per week to remove dead skin cells and keep your pores clear.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drinking plenty of water is essential for keeping skin healthy. Besides drinking water, try to get in some moisture through other means such as baths or humidifiers.
- Stick to a routine. It's important to have a regular routine for taking care of your skin, so try to stick to the same steps each day.
- Take breaks. Don't wear the same makeup or sunscreen every day. Give your skin a chance to breathe by taking breaks from time to time.
- Be sure to get enough sleep. A good night's sleep will help keep your skin looking refreshed and radiant.
- Another important factor in keeping your skin healthy is diet. Eating nutritious foods helps give your skin the nutrients it needs to look its best.
Additional recommendations for skincare are products that would give you long-lasting flawless skin.
As you grow older, the skin is more prone to pigmentation so you must try a Dark Spot Corrector Serum to get rid of those dark patches and blemishes on your face.
If you have pimples and acne due to the overwhelming stress a mother constantly has, you can use an Acne Treatment Cream that lessens the inflammation, unclogs your pores, and removes pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
There’s also a Razor Bump Stopper Serum we recommend that can flatten out razor bumps after shaving and lighten constantly shaved areas.
Mothers don’t need to sacrifice self-care. You should feel youthful and beautiful despite taking care of an entire household.
Practice some of these tips and try to find some beauty time for yourself. Your family loves you as much as you love them, so they surely would support you whenever you need the time off to look your best.
A little bit of effort would do. Take your beauty routine one step at a time.
Besides, no one is more gorgeous than a mother in her children’s eyes.